Thursday, May 21, 2009

Talking to God

In my devotion this morning the author told the story of a boy who came home from college after his first semester. His mom asked, "Why have you not written or called us since you've been gone?" He replied," I haven't had time." His mother then said, "Then you are too busy."

Is that the way it is with our prayer life? Does God tell us if we can't find time to pray then we are too busy?

Just like this mother missed and desired to communicate with her son, God desires to communicate with us. Isn't it awesome ,that the God who created the universe, wants to talk with us and misses us when we don't pray.

Thank you Father for loving me and desiring communication with me. Help me to come to you with love and praises and not just an agenda of needs.

Pray continually. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for praying for sweet Maggie. Just updated my blog.

    Teresa


    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister...I can't start my day without Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the truth! I know life is busy, busy, busy but we should always find time to read the WORD and pray. Thanks for a great reminder! Hope you are having a great Memorial Day. Tell Amanda I said HELLO!

    ReplyDelete