Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Retreat at the Beach

Vacation! Oh how I love the word and the reality of it! We have been at Orange Beach since Saturday afternoon. There is no vacation I love more than being at the beach. God's power and awesomeness is so obvious here. I could sit all day and watch the ocean waves crashing on the shore.

I have left the condo property only twice. Once to eat out and one trip to the store. We aren't running all over town, just enjoying the beach and the water. I got too much sun the first day and stayed in and read yesterday. I was perfectly ok with that! As long as I can see the ocean I'm okay!

The porpoise are abundant, like I've never seen before. They have been jumping out of the water and really putting on a show. I have been going to the beach most of my life and have never seen them play like they have this week.

My father-in-law has led us in devotion every morning and it has been really special. Kaleb and his friend Brandon have been a big part in reading scripture and praying. I am thankful to have family that loves God!

Pictures. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

Blessing to all

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are getting some rest and relaxtion! Have fun on the beach and be careful on your trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your having a great time. Wish I were there!!

    ReplyDelete