Monday, April 27, 2009

Healing Words for the Depressed Soul

*We say, "it impossible, there's no way, I'm not equipped."
God says, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27

*We say, "I'm too tired."
God says, "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28

*We say, "Nobody really loves me."
God says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes
in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

*We say, "I can't go on."
God says, " My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

*We say, " I can't forgive myself."
God says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us
from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

*We say, "I feel all alone."
God says, "...never will I leave you: never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5


Depression is a terrible thing. It affects millions of Americans. It is so misunderstood by anyone who has never experienced it. The worst thing for me is when I am ask, " why are you depressed." You see the worst thing about being depressed is not having a reason.

When tragedy happens, depression is expected. But when your family is healthy and you are loved by your family and friends you should be happy. Right?

I have dealt with depression for many years. Thankfully it comes and goes and I now I have a lot more time without it than with it.

My heart goes out to anyone who suffers with this most misunderstood condition. It can be very debilitating and cause a lot trouble in one's personal life. I am however, thankful that I have a God who understands it and will love me through it. He has provided for me a great number of instructions in his word that gives me hope of overcoming each episode. I know it may never go away for good, but I do know that I won't go through it alone. God has promised me that!!

Thank you Father for your love, your strength, and your support!!

This post is dedicated to a very sweet lady at my church who is really suffering from depression.

Blessing to all,

4 comments:

  1. lol..im trying. apparently the sun doesnt care how much sunscreen you put on here. i just hope i dont turn into the leather lady! haha. hope you are doing well. take care! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your heart about this issue! I admit I don't understand it and your post has helped me to see it more clearly! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. I have battled depression most all of my 50 years.

    Knowing that Christians can suffer from depression or mental health issues just like heart disease or diabetes is refreshing.

    Be encouraged - there are answers AND Healing!!

    Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am weeping!!!! You have no idea how much I needed this. God knew though and He used YOU and for that I PAISE HIM!!! Thank you for obeying Him....I love you & miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete