We have been at the office for an hour and the fun has already begun. Eric tricked his boss first thing this morning with a fake customer complaint. He really fell for it. Our everyday office prankster will get a good dose of his own medicine today as our boss brought in his very fancy remote control whoopie cushion! We have already planted it in his office. The best part is the fact that our new employee ( first day)will be working with him and I will wait until they are in his office together before I set the explosion...... new employee is informed and ready to play along. We could probably predict word for word the pranks taking place around our elementary schools today. Mostly because we have already used them all at some time in our young lives. I would love to know what all my cousin Leslie will be up to today. She is queen of this funny day. Everyday is April's Fool Day to her. She has played more pranks, jumped out from behind more doors and told more funnies than anyone I know. She is a hoot!
Here are some "fool" statements that come to mind:
1. "Only fools fall in love." - Song- Elvis Presley
2. "I pity the fool." - Muhammad Ali
3. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." - can't find the origin of this
4. "Fortunes Fool" - Shakespeare
5. "The man with an idea is a fool, until the idea succeeds." - Mark Twain
Being foolish can be a lot of fun on a day like today or other days when we are just "fooling" around. But being thought of as a fool is another thing.
1. a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.
2. a weak-minded or idiotic person.
He who trust in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe.
Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright.
Proverbs 14: 9
Have a fun foolish day,