Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Highway Entertainment


One of my favorite past times (while being chauffeured by my sweet husband) is reading church signs and bumper stickers. They can be very entertaining, educational, and yes sometimes just down right cheesy.

Some church signs have cute little sayings that will catch your eye or perhaps find you pondering it for meaning. While they are meant to stir your thoughts, I find that just giving the simple truth of scripture will suffice. I mean how much more clear is:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Or how about:

For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

I'm quite sure I have never had a bumper sticker on one of my vehicles. I really don't like having things plastered on my car. I do, however, reap the benifits of those who decorate their car with them. Some are so funny that I laugh tears. There are a few on occasion which cause my claws to come out and I find myself wanting to scratch the thing off the car. ( sorry for the road rage)

My very favorite is:

Warning in case of the rapture, this vehicle will be unoccupied!!

Look out folks! My old ( and getting older) white Altima will be on its own and the last time I checked it doesn't have auto pilot! As for me I will be taken up with Jesus! Praise God!

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. I love that! Can you imagine all those empty cars and what the people that are left behind will be thinking? It gives me chills just thinking about being called home to sit with my Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good stuff! Our pastor is doing a series on Revelation..and I tell you..there are tons of scary things..but praise God..there are a ton of things that make you want to shout..your post being one of them!

    Yes..my uncle is Chris..and I will take no offense that you didn't recognize me..20 years later, a baby and a few (or more) pounds could attribute to that! It is great to see you! And I remember exactly who you are! Going to add your blog to my page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that post and love your blog.
    I am a new blogger and still finding my away around.

    I have a great giveaway for April.
    You have to scan down to the "Card Box" post to see what it looks like...but it is a $75.00 value....
    It was so popular that I decided to give one away each month...For every comment you leave during the month, that puts you in the drawing that many times.....Hope you will visit soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post today! The bumper sticker is so totally right! I can tell you without a doubt that my car will NOT be occupied either as I will be so happy to see my sweet JESUS face to face! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete