Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Be Holy

Sunday morning my pastor ask for the lights to be turned off and the spotlight to be placed on him. This was a great visual as to how it will be when we stand before God. As he stated, there would be no one to hide behind. Comparing ourselves to others won't be an option. It will be totally about Me, You, etc... Each individual will be alone in the spotlight!

First Peter 1: 13-25 instructs us to live holy lives. For it is written: " Be holy, because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:16

Living holy lives calls us to really examine ourselves. "Ouch"!! Verse 13 instructs us to be self-controlled. "BIGGER OUCH" !!! This is really where I struggle. Whether it's food, time, TV (anything fun) I really have a hard time controlling myself. Although my uncontrolled problems aren't "evil " they can interfere with my daily living and filter into other areas. God doesn't expect me to never have fun , but he does desire a deeper relationship with me and I believe being more self- controlled would bring me closer.

I desire more than anything to become closer to the Lord everyday. I am thankful that this is not a game of solitaire, but a team effort as I know God desires the same and will be with me throughout the journey.


Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1: 13


Leigh Anne

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more! It is my desire to have a more personal realtionship with my Lord too! I find myself using excuses like I'm too tired or Andrew needs me. It's just gonna have to take discipline for me, which I am not good at! Thanks for sharing this with me today!

    ReplyDelete