Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Proud to be an ALIEN!!!!

I was at home for several years when my girls were younger. During this time I became very involved in church and spent more time in Bible study than I had previously. Once I returned to work outside the home I was in shock. I learned quickly what it was to be an "alien" in this world.

One day at work years ago, a man's comment about God literally made me sick at my stomach and brought me to cry right in front of him. I will never forget it as long as I live. I have to this day never experienced anything like it. I really felt like I was looking Satan in the face that day. I know these may seem like harsh words but it felt that bad.

Most of the time what we deal with in our everyday world is not as drastic as this experience. But we do have to love others and often hold our tongues to keep from being a bad witness. The pagans in our world are looking for us to slip up, mess up, or just completely fall.

I am so thankful for the Christian co-workers God has blessed me with over the years. How hard it would be to work each day without their support. Most of all I am thankful that at anytime I can approach the throne of my Lord and ask for his strength and grace.

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2: 11-12

(Oh my goodness, just as I am writing I can hear my Manager and Sales Agent talking about scripture and the blessings of God. Praise the Lord for righteous conversation!)


Love,
Leigh Anne

1 comment:

  1. I am proud to be an alien too! I usually don't like to speak out at work or in a crowd if I disagree with someone. But, over the past couple of years God has given me the strength to pass HIS Word on to nonbelievers. I wouldn't mind having a few more aliens in this world!

    ReplyDelete